Death

11.05.2015

How often do we fear of death? When we have become so old that we can barely walk? When somebody we know has passed way? Or, everyday?

Everything was normal today. After many days of rain and clouds, today was a bright sunny day and everything seemed to be going well until this terrible news blew up everyone in our neighbourhood. A neighbour had passed away just a few minutes ago. She was a young pretty girl and this was, like any other death, least expected and least wanted. It was just yesterday that we saw her happily coming back from her work and didn’t even have the littlest trace of sickness or misfortune. And today everyone is mourning over her soulless body. I know this is normal. This happens every now and then to somebody we know and to somebody we don’t know. To some loved ones of ours and to some we don’t even know they exist. But it does come to everyone of us. Death, we sometimes get to witness it and hear about it and one day it’s going to happen to us. We all know about it. Only we don’t know when.

Sometimes I feel like I’m not going to die for another fifty years or more and sometimes it scares me like I’m just breathing my last breath. The word “Death” sometimes hauls me into this unknown room of sadness and emptiness that I don’t even feel like building up my dreams, buying pretty stuff nor having fun. Nothing looks like they have got a meaning if we are to die one day and in other words, not exist. But it’s funny how it doesn’t bother me much when I am into something fun like a nice movie or a book, when I’ve got something good to eat and when everything works out right.


We are aware of this fact that two thousand years ago, a prince left all his pleasures of royalty to find out the reasons why we are born, why we grow up, fall sick and, die. He explained that we live in the world of sufferings and to get out of it, we must practise religion. We must be kind, selfless and helpful. He was able to do that and hence was called “Buddha.” And obviously we are the ones who couldn’t, the very reason why we are dying and being born again and again. We have to go through the four main sufferings and even worse ones if we haven’t gained enough merits in our previous lives. We may fear of the kind of life we are going to have after the current one, I dread to think whether I’ll be taken to hell or heaven. But what if everything we believe about death right now is a total lie? What if there wasn’t anything really painful about dying? I sometimes have a feeling that may be death is more beautiful than we ever thought of. May be there’s a better place we can go to after death. See, nobody has come back after death to tell us how it is actually. This puts in me a strong feeling not to fear death and accept it easily.



Everything has to come to an end. We know that everyone has to die one day and yet we mourn for what cannot be brought back. But it's not easy to let our loved ones go forever. I often wonder about "the incredible" who created this world.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thing about Merit

What is Time?

How Do We Stay Optimistic?